Lafayette Instrument Company is an equal opportunity employer who values a diverse workforce. We promote a drug-free and safe workplace through pre-employment screening. Ideal candidates are highly motivated and creative self-starters with strong communication and project management skills. All candidates must have the ability and desire to thrive in a fast moving, multi-tasked, team environment.
We offer an extensive benefit package that includes, 401K, paid vacations and holidays, insurance, and more. Interested applicants may mail resumes to our Human Resources department c/o Sheryl Cohen, email the resume, or fax: (765) 423-4111.
RECENTLY OPENED POSITIONS
Human Resources Coordinator
HUMAN RESOURCES COORDINATOR
Contact Name: Sheryl Cohen
Description: Human Resources – Payroll – Benefits – Employee Relations
Position Start Date: April 6th, 2015 (negotiable)
HR, PAYROLL & BENEFITS COORDINATOR – Lafayette Instrument Company is a 68 year old Engineering and Manufacturing company, with 55+ employees, seeking a dependable and trustworthy HR, payroll and benefits coordinator with a minimum of 5 years of experience in a medium-sized firm using payroll software. The right candidate has solid mathematical and analytical skills, thinks independently and has a complete and clear understanding of payroll rules, labor laws and compliance requirements. Benefit coordination includes monthly benefit reconciliation and the handling and oversight of annual enrollments in addition to the day to day handling of benefit inquiries from employees. Competitive benefits package including 401k plan, health, dental and vision insurance, short- and long-term disability, and tuition reimbursement.
- Maintain and administer HR policies, procedures, job descriptions, timekeeping/attendance, and personnel records
- Facilitate recruiting and lead employee orientation and on-boarding
- Process and maintain all workers’ compensation claims, unemployment requests, FMLA and leaves of absences
- Process applicant reference and criminal background checks, drug and wellness screenings
- Daily administration of employee benefit plans and leadership during annual open enrollment
- Coordinate payroll processing and annually update compensation program
- Monitor and maintains all personnel operations to ensure that policies, procedures, and systems are in compliance with regulatory bodies, local, state and federal laws
- Provide counseling, assistance, and follow-up on company policies and procedures
- Coordinate the resolution of specific policy- and procedures-related problems and inquiries
- Provide direction to management staff regarding employee relations and ensure consistency
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS
- Required: At least five years of similar experience
- Preferred: Bachelor's degree and 5 years minimum experience in HR and one of the following certifications: PHR, SPHR *A combination of education, skills and experience may be considered.
- Demonstrated solid interpersonal and communication skills
- Exemplary professionalism and the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Outstanding organizational skills and detail orientation
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Payroll Software, Microsoft Office, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to work independently and solve problems
To apply, email Sheryl Cohen at email@example.com.