Lafayette Instrument Company is an equal opportunity employer who values a diverse workforce. We promote a drug-free and safe workplace through pre-employment screening. Ideal candidates are highly motivated and creative self-starters with strong communication and project management skills. All candidates must have the ability and desire to thrive in a fast moving, multi-tasked, team environment.
We offer an extensive benefit package that includes, 401K, paid vacations and holidays, insurance, and more. Interested applicants may mail resumes to our Human Resources department c/o Sheryl Cohen, email the resume, or fax: (765) 423-4111.
RECENTLY OPENED POSITIONS
Human Resources Coordinator
Contact Name: Brent Smitley
Position: Full Time
Salary: Depends on Education and/or Experience
Individual must be able to pass a drug screen and submit two documents for proof of legal employment authorization and identity for the United States.
Lafayette Instrument Company seeks an individual for the position of Software Engineer. Lafayette Instrument Company is a product innovation company that designs, develops and manufactures instrumentation for the investigation, study and assessment of biological and behavioral processes. These products have been sold worldwide to universities, physicians, law enforcement agencies, governments, private practitioners, and corporations. LIC Software Engineers are responsible for researching, designing, developing, and testing computer software applications in collaboration with the hardware product development team.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science from a four-year college or university or two to five years of related experience and/or training.
- Will also consider 4 year degrees in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology with strong software development emphasis or related experience.
- Strong training or experience in C# development using Visual Studio.
- Experience in developing and distributing computer software applications.
- Experience or familiarity with test-driven development in a C# environment using NUnit.
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented languages and object-oriented design techniques.
- Ability to design and develop creative user interfaces that are both functional and aesthetic.
- Ability to develop and implement functional program logic within a software program.
- Demonstrated organizational skills in time and project management.
- Language experience in C#, C++, Objective-C, and VB/VB.NET.
- Working knowledge of a version control system (Git preferred).
- Experience designing and/or implementing communication protocols.
- Experience with InnoSetup or other installer tools to create installer packages.
- Experience developing Android or iPhone apps.
- Experience developing database applications using Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience with iterative development methodologies
- Knowledge or experience with electronic hardware is helpful but not required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyzes software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Consults with hardware engineers and other engineering staff to evaluate interface between hardware and software and operational and performance requirements of the overall system.
- Formulates and designs software applications using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcomes and consequences of design.
- Develops and directs software system testing procedures, programming, and documentation.
- Supports existing products through error analysis, correction and re-deployment.
- Consults with customers concerning maintenance or design of software systems.
- Coordinates installation of software systems.
HUMAN RESOURCES COORDINATOR
Contact Name: Sheryl Cohen
Description: Human Resources – Payroll – Benefits – Employee Relations
Position Start Date: April 6th, 2015 (negotiable)
HR, PAYROLL & BENEFITS COORDINATOR – Lafayette Instrument Company is a 68 year old Engineering and Manufacturing company, with 55+ employees, seeking a dependable and trustworthy HR, payroll and benefits coordinator with a minimum of 5 years of experience in a medium-sized firm using payroll software. The right candidate has solid mathematical and analytical skills, thinks independently and has a complete and clear understanding of payroll rules, labor laws and compliance requirements. Benefit coordination includes monthly benefit reconciliation and the handling and oversight of annual enrollments in addition to the day to day handling of benefit inquiries from employees. Competitive benefits package including 401k plan, health, dental and vision insurance, short- and long-term disability, and tuition reimbursement.
- Maintain and administer HR policies, procedures, job descriptions, timekeeping/attendance, and personnel records
- Facilitate recruiting and lead employee orientation and on-boarding
- Process and maintain all workers’ compensation claims, unemployment requests, FMLA and leaves of absences
- Process applicant reference and criminal background checks, drug and wellness screenings
- Daily administration of employee benefit plans and leadership during annual open enrollment
- Coordinate payroll processing and annually update compensation program
- Monitor and maintains all personnel operations to ensure that policies, procedures, and systems are in compliance with regulatory bodies, local, state and federal laws
- Provide counseling, assistance, and follow-up on company policies and procedures
- Coordinate the resolution of specific policy- and procedures-related problems and inquiries
- Provide direction to management staff regarding employee relations and ensure consistency
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS
- Required: At least five years of similar experience
- Preferred: Bachelor's degree and 5 years minimum experience in HR and one of the following certifications: PHR, SPHR *A combination of education, skills and experience may be considered.
- Demonstrated solid interpersonal and communication skills
- Exemplary professionalism and the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Outstanding organizational skills and detail orientation
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Payroll Software, Microsoft Office, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to work independently and solve problems
To apply, email Sheryl Cohen at firstname.lastname@example.org.